You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard browser navigation keys. To skip between groups, use Ctrl+LEFT or Ctrl+RIGHT. To jump to the first Ribbon tab use Ctrl+[. To jump to the last selected command use Ctrl+]. To activate a command, use Enter.
This page location is:
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
Tab 1 of 2.
Tab 2 of 2.
Email Provider/Secure Messaging
Appointments and Referrals
Notice of Privacy Practices
Mission, Vision & Values
Culture of Excellence
Patient Centered Medical Home
Accreditation & Quality Management
Frequently Asked Questions
Dumfries Health Center
Fairfax Health Center
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
79th Medical Wing (Joint Base Andrews)
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
National Intrepid Center of Excellence
Armed Services Blood Program National Capital Region
Fort Belvoir Fisher House
National Capital Region Medical
Defense Health Agency
Air Force Medicine
American Red Cross
All Site Content
As a result of the Base Realignment and Closure recommendations released May 13, 2005, the decision was made to close DeWitt Army Community Hospital and Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is part of the recommendation which required realigning staff and resources from DeWitt and Walter Reed to modern health care facilities at the new Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda — formerly National Naval Medical Center Bethesda — and here at Fort Belvoir by Sept. 15, 2011. The recommendations became law Nov. 9, 2005.
In November 2007, hospital leaders joined with Department of Defense and Fort Belvoir Garrison leaders, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, local community leaders and design and construction contract partners to break ground for a new, state-of-the-art facility on the site of Fort Belvoir’s South Post Golf Course.
On Aug. 31, 2011, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital began serving patients with the arrival of a patient transferred from DeWitt Army Community Hospital. The new hospital is more than 1.2 million square feet, and includes 120 state-of-the-art inpatient rooms. It consists of four ambulatory clinical centers, a seven-story inpatient tower, Central Utilities Plant and two parking garages. Using the latest developments in Evidence-Based Design, the facility features single patient rooms, an Intensive Care Unit and state-of-the-art operating rooms, cancer care center, a center for the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, and a full range of primary care, medical and surgical subspecialties.
Patients, staff and special guests celebrated the opening of the new hospital on Oct. 28, 2011.
Additional images of the ribbon-cutting event may be viewed here.
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is part of the National Capital Region Medical Directorate, a Defense Health Agency joint-service medical command based in Bethesda, Md.
Weekdays: 7:30 a.m. –
Weekends and Federal
Patients should report to the Emergency Department or call 911 when the clinic is closed.
Clinic: (571) 231-1760 / 1761
Appointments: (571) 231-3224
Fax: (571) 231-1291
TRICARE Prime patients can make primary care appointments via TRICARE Online.
River Pavilion, Floor 2,
External Link Disclaimer
Privacy & Security
FOIA Service Center
9300 DeWitt Loop
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Information: (571) 231-FBCH (3224)
TTY: (571) 231-1799
Appointments: (855) 227-6331